Ph.D- Utrecht University, The Netherlands
M.Sc (Biotechnology)- Pondicherry Central University, India
Finishing-up early studies from Delhi University in B.Sc Botany (Hons), she joined Pondicherry Central University for Masters in Biotechnology. For her doctorate research, she joined Utrecht University, The Netherlands and studied the genomic response of Arabidopsis to multiple stress conditions under the guidance of Prof. Rens Voesenk. During her Ph.D research, under Prof. Julia Bailey-Serres she undertook bioinformatics training for the analysis of profiled transcriptome at University of California, Riverside. Subsequently, she joined Gregor Mendel Institute of Plant Molecular Biology, Vienna, Austria for post-doctoral research. Her project aimed to elucidate the role of microRNA in embryo development.
In 2018, she worked at Genewiz, U.S.A as Next Generation Sequencing marketing manager. Prior to joining National Genomics Core- CFDF, she worked at Gurugram State University as Adjunct Associate Professor in Department of Pharmacy, Faculty of Life Sciences.
- Vashisht D, van Veen H, Akman M, Sasidharan R (2016). Variation in Arabidopsis flooding responses identifies numerous putative “tolerance genes.” Plant Signaling and Behavior.
- Vashisht D, van Veen H, Akman M, Girke T, Mustroph A, Reinen E, Hartman S, Kooiker M, van Tienderen P, Schranz ME, Bailey-Serres J, Voesenek LA, Sasidharan R (2016). Transcriptomes of eight Arabidopsis thaliana accessions reveal core conserved genotype and organ-specific response to flooding stress. Plant Physiology
- Vashisht D, Nodine MD (2014). MicroRNA functions in plant embryos. Biochemical. Soc. Trans. Apr; 42(2):352-7
- Vashisht D, Hesselink A, Pierik R, Ammerlaan JM, Bailey-Serres J, Visser EJ, Pedersen O, van Zanten M, Vreugdenhil D, Jamar DC, Voesenek LA, Sasidharan R (2011). Natural variation of submergence tolerance among Arabidopsis thaliana accessions. New Phytologist, 190: 299-210
- Yeung E., van Veen H., Vashisht D., Paiva A.L.S., Hummel M., Rankenberg T., Steffens B., Sasidharan R (2018). A stress recovery signaling network for enhanced flooding tolerance in Arabidopsis thaliana. PNAS, 115 (26) , pp. E6085-E6094
- Cletus J, Balasubramanian V, Vashisht D , Sakthivel N (2013). Transgenic expression of plant chitinases to enhance disease resistance. Biotechnology Letters, 35(11): 1719-173
- Lee SC, Mustroph A, Sasidharan R, Vashisht D, Pedersen O, Oosumi T, Voesenek LA, Bailey-Serres J (2011). Molecular characterization of the submergence response of the Arabidopsis thaliana ecotype Columbia. New Phytologist, 190: 457-471
- Asmita Gupta,Radhakrishnan Sabarinathan, Pratyusha Bala, Vinay Donipadi, Divya Vashisht, Madhumohan Rao Katika, Manohar Kandakatla, Debashis Mitra, Ashwin Dalal, Murali Dharan Bashyam (2020). Mutational landscape and dominant lineages in the SARS-CoV-2 infections in the state of Telangana, India. MedRxiv preprint doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/2020.08.24.20180810
- PAN-INDIA 1000 SARS-CoV-2 RNA Genome Sequencing Reveals Important Insights into the Outbreak (2020).bioRxiv preprint doi:https://doi.org/10.1101/2020.08.03.233718
van Veen H, Vashisht D, Voesenek LACJ, Sasidharan R (2014). Different Survival Strategies Amongst Plants to Cope with Underwater Conditions. Low-Oxygen Stress in Plants (pp. 329-349). Springer Vienna.